integrating ufh, radiators and dhw

Reaction score
hi, pls excuse my apparent niavity, but we all got ot start some where. i am soon to be starting renovation on a stone terraced house in france, literally from the ground up, as it stands there is nothing, and am trying to piece together my plans. obviously at this stage everything is to be considered, but i am considering ufh heating on the ground floor( which has yet to be laid,)large aluminium (but correctly sized) radiators on the first floor(bed room, bathroom, open plan office/lounge) and two smallish children rooms in the loft also with rads. Partly as i wish to avoid the expense and partly due to conserving space, i am considering a combi boiler, and would like to know 1:if it is possible to run ufh, rads and dhw off a combi boiler, 2: is it possible to have the return from the rads to flow thru the ufh, or contribute towards heating the ufh, beforre heading back to condense the boiler.3: are there any suggestionss as to what type of electro gismos are around apart from w/c help economise the system, perhaps stop it firing up when the return from the rads is sufficient to pass thru the ufh, 4 will seperate pumps be necessary or will the mains pressure be enough to power the system? any pointers would be appreciated. chris

Ask a Question