UFH flow temperatures

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm looking to retrofit wet UFH in a house with suspended timber floors - as I understand it some systems allow this by using water pipes clipped to metal spreader plates under the structural floor between joists, and some are low profile systems laid over the top of structural floors - can anyone point me in the direction of some information on the pros and cons of the two systems, and in particular the required flowing water temperature for the different systems, assuming overall home insulation up to building regs standards?
I think I understand that the low profile systems over the top of the structural floor should be able to operate at lower temperatures as there isn't the insulation from the structural floor layer - but I can't find any good information on expected temperatures required - I'm trying to understand if either method would make it efficient to use a heat pump rather than an oil boiler, or whether that really is reserved for houses with nice thick solid floors and large thermal mass.
All advice appreciated!R

Ask a Question