Insulation ceilings flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Moved in to a 1970s 2 bed flat. Going to plaster over the artex but was thinking if I should put some celotex between the joists.

My concern is that it will make the roof sweat as I will be insulating a cold roof from below.

I am in the top flat in a 4 story block. Picture of ceiling attached.

Any thoughts on whether to just board over the top of the artex and plaster or take the old ceiling down and put celotex in would be appreciated.

Cheers

Attachments

Reaction score
I don't know much about your situation, but I have a heated and insulated garage. Above it is attic and unheated. I'm in Minnesota. I do know that they put a vapor barrier between any heated space in any unheated space. So, if one space is unheated you will have condensation in the insulation unless there's a vapor barrier. You don't want that. Another example, if you insulate an interior wall between two heated rooms you don't need it vapor barrier. That's just for sound insulation. Hope this helps.

Ask a Question