Insulating a 3 season room with no crawlspace access

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a small room off of my kitched that appears to have previously been a back porch with cement blocks as it's foundation. I already re-insulated the walls and ceiling, but there's still obvious cold coming up from the floor. I want to get this area insulated to at least reduce this occurence, but sadly there's no crawlspace. We plan to pull up the oxboard flooring to replace it anyway, so I will have a window of time I can get underneath and add insulation.

I've read various articles about insulating raised 3 season rooms, or rooms that have crawlspace access, and there's different answers as far as vapor barrier, venting, etc. So my questions are: 1 considering this area will be sealed up again, do I need a vapor barrier, if so just on the floor, up the walls or even on the underside of the floor joists? 2. with no apparent ventilation will moisture become a problem under there or in the floor? 3. What is the best way to insulate/vaporbarrier that won't require acquiring access to the space again? (because I can only imagine taped plastic would eventually drop off of concrete walls etc.)

Any help or advice would be most appreciated

Ask a Question