Insulating 70's Timber Frame

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

Currently own a 70's built guildway timber frame house with external single block and cement rendered skin. On the internal walls it appears that the horrible textured wall paper has been stuck directly to the plasterboard and there are no signs of any plaster underneath. I want to remove all the paper but sadly I think it will be a loosing situation if I have any hope of removal without any effect on the plasterboard. Also none of the internal stud walls have any form of insulation so rooms get cold quickly and sound travels through them very easily.

What I would like to achieve is to pull down the plasterboard walls, insulate internal walls, reinsulate external walls, new plasterboard, plastered and re-decorate.

Now we do have a small issue with mould at the moment but not your normal black damp mould, its more of a light brown staining, almost like somebody has flicked a dirty paint brush around.

Will my plans effect the mould in a good or bad way? And are there any other issue that may arise with my plans?

Ask a Question