How to wire relay to Honewell EIM to detect when blower fan is on

Reaction score
I have a residential Honeywell Prestige IAG system, with THX9421R5021 thermostat connected to a Honeywell EIM. I want to wire a relay (which I'll connect a dry sensor to) to the EIM, that will allow me to determine when the blower fan comes on.

Reason: I have a Fantech FG6 Duct fan installed at the end of a very long duct run. Currently I have to manually turn it on/off with a switch. I want to automate this via my SmartThings Home automation system. If I can get a relay with a dry contact wired up to the EIM, I can plug a smart dry contact sensor onto it, and then automatically turn my fan off and on.

I've attached an image of my EIM. Does anyone know what leads I can wire off, and possibly suggest what sort of relay with a dry contact I could use to connect. I would actually like the relay to indicate whenever the fan comes on (cooling or heat), but if that is not easily doable, I'm really most interested when the thing is in heating (blowing hot air) mode.

Thank you!

Attachments

Ask a Question