How to glue insulation panels onto a ceiling?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm insulating a shed with styrofoam panels. The roof is a standard pitch and is exposed inside, so I'm gluing the panels between the studs. My problem is that the roof is quite high--about 12'--and if I use Liquid Nails as glue it takes so long to set that my arms get tired holding up the panels. Is there a type of glue that's sticky enough to hold the panels up without my help, or that sets very quickly?

Reaction score
problems can arise in that your chosen insulation may??? dissolve on contact with some glues that set fast.

Can I suggest, use [say] three foot long strips of any thin timber you have around the place, drive [say] two or three long nails into the thin timber, do not drive the nails right into the timber.

Once in position the insulation + glue can be held in place at the edges by the thin strips of wood. Tap the nails in so they just begin to enter the studs, but leave plenty of nail + head so you can, when the glue has dried pull out the nails with a claw hammer or similar?

Ken.

Ask a Question