How to figure Square footage of odd shaped building

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not sure how to calculate to find SF of this warehouse,Anyone know a online tool i can plug those numbers into?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't normally use a calculation program, but with a pencil and ruler, divide it up into shapes I CAN easily calculate the area of. Then add them all together.

Having said that, I am an engineer with 55 years of service in the profession.

ColinA

Reaction score
Country
United States
If there was a program to plug numbers into it would take me longer to learn the program than just doing it the old fashion way.

I would draw a rectangle around it then calculate the negatives and subtract those from the total. I will admit I would need to re- educate myself in the triangle department but IIR it wasn't that difficult. I see many things in reverse of other people but pattern making for a foundry would confuse me really bad.

Reaction score
Not sure how to calculate to find SF of this warehouse,Anyone know a online tool i can plug those numbers into?
Agree with sandburranch. Otherwise you have to decide up building into parts you can fig

Reaction score
This site may assist? it appears to be an American site?

Looks like $10 for limited use

Personally, I would [as above] divide up to square / rectangular areas

For some of the work I undertake I use an estimating programme called Xactimate which would work out floor areas as well as wall surfaces Etc. but that is a costly beast, that you have to pay every time you use it, and it is not cheap!!!

Ken.

Reaction score
As has been suggested, split it up into rectangles. With the long side, make into a right angled triangle and halve the area of a rectangle made of the two shorter sides.

Ask a Question