Help wiring two baseboards in parallel with one T-Stat

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello guys,

I'm in Montreal, Canada.

First, I just want to install everything and then call an electrician to validate and connect to the breaker.

Two baseboards in parallel with one T-Stat

Can you folks tell me if my installation (see draw enclosed) is correct? I was told to do it that way but the breaker shuts down (I know I said I'd call an electrician, but was too much currious). The only thing I was not told is whether I leave the black and red baseboards wires twisted together on each ones, but I think this is my problem.

Also, T-Stat wieing diagram enclosed.

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yes, as per your MS paint bbboard1.jpg file drawing, it is correct. As per the red/black conductors you have drawn on the right of your drawing, that is, the conductors that are circled in black...they would be capped off individually (insulated). Hope your install works well. You would use the CT410B (Honeywell) thermostat as per your manufacturers drawing. In any case, any two (2) pole line-voltage thermostat will work (as it's controlling 240vac). All the best!

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yes, as per your MS paint bbboard1.jpg file drawing, it is correct. As per the red/black conductors you have drawn on the right of your drawing, that is, the conductors that are circled in black...they would be capped off individually (insulated). Hope your install works well. You would use the CT410B (Honeywell) thermostat as per your manufacturers drawing. In any case, any two (2) pole line-voltage thermostat will work (as it's controlling 240vac). All the best!
Thank you, and merry christmas

Ask a Question