Help! Toyotomi 128HH Hydronic Heater Install

Reaction score
I'm installing a Toyo 128 HH. I have spent the better part of the last decade traveling or in a dry cabin with a woodstove and have no idea what I'm doing. I think I have the plumbing figured out, and the fuel and vent was a breeze with this thing, But I can't figure out the electrical hook up for the life of me. I have two runs of 300ft 1/2 pex in the concrete that I'm running off of one pump, A Wilo Star. The Toyotomi has a spot to wire in the pump to the heater. It is just 2 black wires comming out amps and volts and electric what not is sufficient. But...

Problem 1:

The pump has connections for the standard 3 wires, Hot, neutral, and Ground. The Toyo only has 2 black wires (no ground). Wilo star manual says it must be grounded. HOW DO I HOOK IT UP?

Problem 2:

I want the whole system to run off a standard wall mounted thermometer. The Toyo has a slot for a two wire timer (no voltage). My idea is to just plug a standard mechanical wall thermostat into the timer input on the circuit board. It should kick on the heater, which will also start the pump, when the desired temperature is met. I believe the lag time between starting the heater and the air temperature changing would make short cycling a non-issue. The shop does have a garage door, So i'm a bit concerned each time I open it in winter, the heater will kick on. WILL THIS WORK?

Thanks much for any help. Jeff

Reaction score
Post a pdf or scan of the electrical documentation .

I have seen a limit switch wired to turn a heater off , when the garage door is opened .

God bless
Wyr

Ask a Question