Hang a large mirror w/downward tilt

Reaction score
I've got a 4'x7' framed mirror that I'd like to hang vertically on a brick wall with a downward angle (similar to what you'd see over a large bar or restaurant wall, but tall instead of wide).

The mirror has an 8" wide by 2.5" thick solid wood frame and weighs 65lbs. I've read options ranging from installing D rings 1/3 of the way down and using heavy gauge wire, to using heavy duty steel french cleats, to building triangular wedges at the top.

I'm looking for the safest and most consistent way to do this considering all my variables (size and weight of the mirror, angle achieved, mounting to brick). They'll be at 10' heigh at the top of the frame (3' off the floor) and I'm looking for a 15 to 20 degree downward angle.

I will be hanging three of these mirrors the same way (hopefully) spaced 12' apart each along this brick wall.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Jeremie

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello !
I am also a new member. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guy !

Ask a Question