glow worm 24hxi f22 probem

Reaction score
Hi I have a glow worm 24hxi. Had nothing but problem. recentley fitted a leaking Motorised valve, thinking that it would solve all my problems, but no !
The problem I have is when the boiler starts up a few seconds later F25 appears then when I press the reset button and wait for it starting up again, a few seconds later F22 appears. The only way the boiler keeps running is when I set the motorised valved to open. The pump seems ok, tried bleeding rads. No difference.

Reaction score
It sounds like the valve is wired up wrong. On most systems the boiler gets its (switched live power) from the motorised valve or valves when they are opened, via a micro switch in the valve head.

Depending on your system S plan or Y plan your boiler should have a auto bi-pass to allow for a pump over run. (circulation of water with the M/valves closed and the burner off to cool the boiler)

F25 indicates possible pump failure or air in system (water may just have nowhere to go)

see here http://www.glow-worm.co.uk/literature/

Reaction score
Hi Pete

Thanks for the tip
I will have to check the wiring aswell as the pump
hopefully that will stop me pulling my hair out.

Reaction score
I don't think that the pump is the problem just that the boiler may think that the pump is not running. If there is nowhere for the water to go there will be no circulation through the boiler.

Reaction score
Yes sounds like the valve is shut, manually open it and reset boiler. Pump has to be checked as well.

Ask a Question