Garage Conversion

Reaction score
I have a integrated garage at my house and going to convert to a living space.

I have already removed the garage door, bricked up and installed a window and cut out the door from the hallway to the garage.

I would like to install a built in cupboard to house the boiler

My question is what order do install the plasterboard to walls and the floor? Do i put the plasterboards on first and then build the floor up?

And what is the best/most cost effective way of increasing the floor height to match the house and level it off?

All help appreciated

Thanks

Reaction score
im no expert , but i converted my garage too, im sure i needed planning permission, and the surveyor would keep you right , also i used joists to level floor and regulations meant i had to add 50mm kingspan then boarded with t@g
you will prob need additional wiring through joists
hope this helps

Reaction score
By integrated garage I assume you have a "town house" where the garage occupies part of the ground floor rather than being set to the side of the house.
Without any details it's difficult to offer much advice on raising the floor but the previous suggestion of joists and T&G boarding seems the most sensible.
Once the finished floor is in place the plasterboard should be set 15mm above the finished floor height. Skirting boards will cover the gap.
You must seek advice from a gas engineer before boxing in the boiler. A boiler will not function well and can produce dangerous levels of carbon monoxide if it doesn't have an adequate oxygen supply.

Ask a Question