Fridgefreezer problems!

Reaction score
Firstly i'm new here so hi my names Carl. I wondered if someone can help me with my fridge freezer which i have just been given but is faulty! It's a Samsung SR-L3626B and when i turn it on it all starts up fine for 4 or 5 seconds it then cuts out completely with an error on the digital readout saying rd? I have heard rd is a damper/baffle fault so i have taken the plastic backing from the freezer and turned on the appliance and the damper rotates fine and is also free from ice?
Does this sound like a sensor may have gone down?

Kind regards Carl.

Reaction score
Ok I take it the damper sensor is the reed s/w talked about in my service manual? Well i have noticed with my multimeter that the switch never turns off i'm not sure at what point it is supposed to turn off but i'm now sure its the switch that must be down! I would love some input to see if im on the right track before i spend money i don't need to lol

Reaction score
Wipe it clean and remember to leave it right side up, not on it's side of flat. There are chemicals in your fridge that don't need to be moved around.

I'd also wipe it down with bleach in case it gets a little bit of moisture and remember to drain your water line if you have an ice maker.

Reaction score
Maybe your freezer was overloaded with different foods. Knowing the proper way to clean certain appliances is very important. Surely that is the reason why it is very important to the read user manual first.

Last edited:
Reaction score
. We had the RD fault and found when we turned it off at the power and back on it recycled . Have found a website with free manual- it explains all codes and gives breakdowns . scribo

Ask a Question