Exterior porch door and frame

Reaction score
I need to replace the door and frame to my porch, the frame is starting to rot. With all the rain recently water is starting to get into the porch through a hole in the bottom of the frame.
The opening seems to be a non standard size, nothing in the Jeld Wen range. What other makes can I look at with a wide range of sizes.
I also want to reduce the height of the opening by putting an extra course of bricks at the base. It currently sits directly on the dpc and the bottom of the frame needs to be higher off the ground as it constantly gets splashed when it rains hard.
This should be ok because there is a glass panel over the top of the door.
I think that I might well need a custom frame made.

Reaction score
I need to replace the door and frame to my porch, the frame is starting to rot. With all the rain recently water is starting to get into the porch through a hole in the bottom of the frame.
The opening seems to be a non standard size, nothing in the Jeld Wen range. What other makes can I look at with a wide range of sizes.
I also want to reduce the height of the opening by putting an extra course of bricks at the base. It currently sits directly on the dpc and the bottom of the frame needs to be higher off the ground as it constantly gets splashed when it rains hard.
This should be ok because there is a glass panel over the top of the door.
I think that I might well need a custom frame made.
Could you post a dimensioned image? o_O

bosshogg

Reaction score
I can't attach an image but the width is 1375mm and height 2325mm approx. There is a piece of facia coving the top of the frame so I can't measure the exact height.

Ask a Question