extension quote

Reaction score
right here it goes

got quote for a two story extension that included all basic fixtures and fittings included in the plans, we had several additional extras that we were made aware of at the time and we kept a running total of these,we paid the builder in three payments covering the original quote, when the builder came with the bill for the extras that we had requested it was 3 grand more than we were expecting, he went on to say that he really needed the job at the time at didn't allow enough for the sparky and plumber, where do i stand with this? am i liable for this or only for the extras that aren't on the plans, i will also say that he is a top guy and we were very happy with the job and i dont want any ill feeling to come of this, but 3b grand is three grand!!

Reaction score
Was it a quote....or an estimate?

Morrally? Did you feel the price he origanally gave you was very cheap? do you feel the work done is worth what he is now asking?

is it just that as an extra it seems high, but as a whole price it seems good?

Reaction score
Did you enter into a contract, or was it just left open? Really if the builder said that he could do it for the money quoted then he should complete the work at his cost. You may have the extra cash yourself , but others may not. It's always good to hold a retainer back as well.

Ask a Question