electrical trunking next to water pipes?

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm fitting some 50x25mm trunking along 3 walls of a room, at 100-150mm from the floor. The house's main water supply comes in along one of these walls (right in the middle!) it comes in from the floor about 15mm away from the wall and goes straight up the wall and through the ceiling to the boiler upstairs.

I need to get electrical cables past it.

The pipe is right where my trunking wants to go, and it is too close to the wall to get the trunking to go behind it.

I CAN fit 2 lots of 16mm oval conduit in behind it, can I maybe cut the trunking 6 inches short of the pipe, put a foot of conduit behind it then restart the trunking 6 inches the other side?

Is this allowed by the regs or should I be doing this some other way?

Thanks,
Ben

Reaction score
Be careful! I would check first as dont want water in the electricals! Have you made sure the fittings are of the highest quality (e.g. TetraFlow)?

Reaction score
I think you can do that as long as its earthed on both sides of the trunking and the conduit is fitted properly to the trunking with male and/ female connectors etc.
Make sure the incoming water supply is earthed too :)

Ask a Question