Electric water heater recommendations?

Reaction score
Reliance is the brand my company uses. The ones I've had to replace are all around 15 years, or older. Real easy to install also.
Two pieces of advice get a drip pan for the pressure relief valve.
2 If possible make a very small hole in your floor for water to drain out of pan. This way if anything happens down the road. The water will leave pan,and bottom of the heater wont rust. Also water wont get all over floor from hole in the pan.
Position hole in pan where its not an eyesore. Normally corner is best spot. Make sure you have everything positioned,then wired correctly, before filling up. I always position everything making sure electrical will reach with ease. Then mark where I want the hole. drill hole put small piece if PVC in drain hole. Scoot pan over and connect piping to pan, put water heater on pan, connect water lines. Then the electrical lines. MAKE SURE BREAKER IS OFF before messing with any wires. Then fill up.
This is best if you only have a crawl space. Not practical if you have a basement

Last edited:

Ask a Question