"Drop" shower units

Reaction score
Anyone had experience of these "Drop" brand Italian shower units. I have one fitted in my own bathroom and it needs a new cartridge. I have emailed Drop in Italy to find spares or a supplier, loads of times and though my emails are being read I have yet to receive a reply. Got to the point that I would be happy if they just said drop dead. I hate being ignored. Rant rant...
So.. does anyone know of a supplier in the U.K. as the people I bought mine from no longer deal with them. Not surprised really.
Thanks.....Phredd.

Reaction score
I have the same problem.... did you find a substitute cartridge? and could I ask how you removed the cartridge? thanks

Reaction score
I have the same problem.... did you find a substitute cartridge? and could I ask how you removed the cartridge? thanks
Hi Robbo.
Yes I did. It turns out it a generic cartridge fitted to lots of different shower units. I got mine from Ebay.
Its £20 and come with the handle as shown on the right hand pic.
Item number 261248108749
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261248108749
You remove the insert from the center of the handle, undo the screw and pull the handle off. This leaves the brass part as shown on the left hand pic.the grub screw is underneath at the bottom of the brass bit, you can see the thread it goes into on the right hand pic. It undoes with an allen key, not sure of the size. I had one of those swiss army type sets, but it kept fouling on the jet below the handle, so a loose set is easier. You undo that and the whole thing can be pulled out of the housing. Remember to put something over the plughole cos I nearly lost the grub screw when I dropped it.
Good luck......Phredd.

Ask a Question