Door Dilemma

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
After painting my house from top to bottom, the paintwork is let down by shabby looking interior doors (see attachment).
The scuff/burn marks have been caused by a mixture of bleach and water, which I used to wipe down the doors. I dread the
thought of having to paint all the downstairs doors, and was wondering if there is another solution to the problem. If a paint job
is the only answer, what paint do I use?
I would appreciated some advice on this, please.
Thanks for reading this.
Yours in doors desperation,
Doug.

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Doug
it depends on the finish your after, I usually go for a satin finish when I do interior doors. I'd suggest
dulux satin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Doug
it depends on the finish your after, I usually go for a satin finish when I do interior doors. I'd suggest
dulux satin
Hi Owen,
Thanks very much for replying -and for recommending a paint for the doors. This looks like what I could be after. I have noticed that Dulux does a water-based quick-drying version. I'm not a fan of the odours from oil-based paints.
Thanks again, Owen. Appreciated.

Doug.

Reaction score
Might want to try addng some FloTrol to the paint. I have had some success with it helping to level brush marks and helps if spraying also

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi MarineBob,
Thanks for the tip. I hadn't heard of FloTrol before, and I could have done with adding that to an emulsion I have just used on a pig of a smooth wall I've just been painting.

Ask a Question