DIY books on forms

Reaction score
I'm looking for a comprehensive DIY book on building, pouring and finishing a footing and stem wall with a slab for a 35'x 40' shop/garage, two story. I allready have my plans and permits and am ready to rock, but I cant find any definitive guidance for how best to build the forms either for a monolithic pour of the footing/stem wall( my preference); or even clear guidance with PICTURES!!! to form and pour them seperately . I'm pretty handy with a background in constuction field, but very visual; a picture is truly worth a thousand words, all the books I've seen are really lacking in the illustration department. If I could see some multiview pictures I'm confident of piecing it together. Anybody out there that can help?

Reaction score
Hi, I think you can learn much more things from Google and some special things from internet. at the same time, you can solve your question fastly.

Reaction score
Found this online for you http://www.builderbill-diy-help.com/setting-out.html
What your attempting is fairly basic stuff, I doubt if you will find a definitive diy book on the subject, but as already said you will find lots of advice and pics online if you put in the right search syntax. Footing and stem walls (also shuttered foundation walls - forms for concrete walls - foundation casting etc.) also when searching, go into images/videos for a pic of something rather than just everything, in Google that is...bosshogg:)

Ask a Question