Different plug socket types

Reaction score
20190507_111222.jpg

Hi
Been decorating kids bedroom. When I've come to changing electrical sockets in the room, the screws for attaching the socket to the wall are just underneath the earth pin hole. Does anyone know what these type of sockets are called? Trying to find some on the web but proving fruitless. Any help is much appreciated. Rob

Reaction score
They look pretty old.
I've never seen any like it.

I'd change them for new ones too, they're quite cheap. But it will also probably involve changing the back boxes.
I doubt if the original boxes will accept the screws of the new ones, given their location.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That looks like it could be a socket converter - i.e. take a 1 gang socket and convert it in to a 2 gang socket. Take a look at this from Toolstation:

Looks very similar to me. Personally, I'd just swap it out for a proper socket if you're redecorating anyway.

Reaction score
That's awesome Ian thank you so much! Makes sense now given the wires I've got behind it

Reactions: Ian
Reaction score
Believe it's a 13a switch socket outlet.

Ask a Question