Deck gate

Reaction score
Country
United States
Having a trex deck put in. Need to put in a gate at the top of the stairs. The "trex" brand gate is $700... Which is crazy. What can I do to put a gate in myself? It appears that every kit I look at is specific to a brand of decking. Any links that can lead me in the right direction?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello!

I haven't personally built a deck gate before, but it really is going to come down to what you want.

Are you trying to build a gate from scratch or just find a cheap home depot one to slap on? I'm assuming not, but either way I usually start out by finding an image of what I think I want. See if it's a certain style or type that you're looking for. And then google more specifically until you find 'The one' gate, if you will.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dec...3uLiAhUBuVkKHcOBDsYQ_AUIESgC&biw=1920&bih=937

Then see if it's something you can potentially do yourself, or if you think it's better to just purchase a pre-assembled gate or some sort of kit that requires basic assembly and installation.

Seems like it could be a fairly simple and fun project, though! :)

Ask a Question