Concealing wall-mounted cabling (not by using D-Line trunking)

Reaction score
I'm having great difficulty finding something which, up until now, I had assumed would be an easily available product, and hope someone on here can point me in the right direction?

I have numerous skirting-boards and door frames that have ugly cabling pinned to them with many years of layers of paint on top of them. I'm looking for some plastic shrouding to cover these - ideally something that is, in cross-section, the shape of a quarter-circle, that can literally be applied over the cable onto the right angled surfaces either side of it. Have a look at the attached illustration - I've highlighted the plastic shrouding I'm after in orange.

I know that D-Line make cable trunking, but a) they're quite expensive for what they are, and b) they would require the huge lengths of cable to be painfully stripped off the door frames and skirting-boards to be able to sit the cabling inside the trunking.

Surely something like simple plastic quarter-circle shrouding exists?

Attachments

Reaction score
The only trunking I have installed has been fixed to surface/surface mounted by self adhesive tape or screws and then cable placed inside, don't know of any alternative i'm afraid

Ask a Question