Computer error message.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Quite a while ago Win10 did an update on my computer and wiped out my image viewer; after lots of frustration and web searching I finally cleared it;

1668539289748.png

Win 10 had changed this from Automatic to manual so as instructed on the web I set it back to automatic and all was fine but it was a real pain.

1668539174431.png

Another Win10 update another error message each time I try to open an image; I thought an easy fix this time but it refuses to leave me and I'm still infuriated by it unable to dump it.

Can anyone offer a solution please because I've wasted a great deal of time on this.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Third frustrating day trying to sort this and ended up doing the job myself. The way I've sorted it out was to stop trying to delete the error message but to start from scratch; I've now found Default Apps and selected "Irfanview" as my photo viewer; as usual I've done it the hard way but I hope this helps others with a similar problem. :D

Kind regards, Colin.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Oh good work Colin!

I've just seen this post now and found the following information which may help, if you do ever want to use the old photo app:

Click Start, then Settings, System, Apps & Features and click on "Photos" app. Under Advanced options you'll find the reset button - click this to reset the photos app.

Ask a Question