Bottle Jack Repair: Where can I source these nylon spacers?

Discussion in 'General DIY and Home Improvement' started by joestewart, Dec 3, 2018.

  1. joestewart


    Dec 3, 2018
    Likes Received:
    Hello, I'm trying to reseal this bottle jack. The jack works fine but leaks fluid. The leak is from the top of the pump plunger. I removed the plunger and there is an internal groove cut into the bore of the pump cylinder. The groove contained the black o-ring and the white ?nylon? spacer designated by the orange arrows in the photograph. The common black o-rings are sold locally. My question is: Does anyone know of a vendor that sells those white nylon spacers? I've tried the fastener websites, but have come up empty handed. This one is 11mm ID x 15mm OD x 1mm thick. Thanks

    Attached Files:

    joestewart, Dec 3, 2018
    1. Advertisements

  2. joestewart


    Nov 13, 2018
    Likes Received:
    Warrenton, North Carolina USA
    Those types of rings are fairly easy to make if you can’t find one. Measure the thickness and buy a sheet of the same thickness of Mylar, Nylon or similar material. Drill a hole the size of the inside diameter. Next, rough cut the outside diameter oversized and sand to the correct diameter. This is somewhat time consuming but if it is the only option it will do.
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    Silentrunning, Dec 3, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.