BOSCH HT6B60F0 built in oven/grill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is a recent oven supplied as part of a Wren kitchen. It works fine, but you need the door closed to use the grill, which is not very convenient. There is a switch that is operated by the door opening and closing. When you open the door it turns on the light but at the same time it turns off the grill, assuming it's ON. I've had a look at the switch and was hoping for something simple, but it's not. There are a total of about 16 wires going to it. I'm guessing that two or more could be connected or disconnected in order to keep the grill powered with the door open. I cannot find a circuit diagram for it, does anyone have an idea about what can be done to keep the grill on? Thanks for any suggestions.

Reaction score
Hi and welcome

As you say it was "recently aquired," my first question is why are you contemplating messing with it?
You'll surely invalidate any guarantee.
Your best bet is to contact the manufacturer's service department give them the model number and ask their advice.

The chances of anyone on here being familiar with a specific model number of a particular make of oven, I'd say are practically nil.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Thanks for your reply. I didn't know what to expect from this forum but thought it was worth a try. I'm not bothered about invalidating the guarantee, that would be more than offset by better convenience. It's hopeless at the moment. Imagine just doing cheese on toast: Turn the grill on with door closed, open door when hot and place toast, the grill is now cooling down very quickly. Shut door again after a couple of minutes, open door (Grill cools again), fix grillpan handle, pull out grill, check toast, remove handle, close door, repeat until done! I checked with the manufacturer and was told they are all the same now its for heath and safety reasons, which is rubbish, my son just bought a new AEG and with that oven you can use the grill with the door open. Whoever designed this oven should be sacked! Rant over.

Reaction score
Hi, Thanks for your reply. I didn't know what to expect from this forum but thought it was worth a try. I'm not bothered about invalidating the guarantee, that would be more than offset by better convenience. It's hopeless at the moment. Imagine just doing cheese on toast: Turn the grill on with door closed, open door when hot and place toast, the grill is now cooling down very quickly. Shut door again after a couple of minutes, open door (Grill cools again), fix grillpan handle, pull out grill, check toast, remove handle, close door, repeat until done! I checked with the manufacturer and was told they are all the same now its for heath and safety reasons, which is rubbish, my son just bought a new AEG and with that oven you can use the grill with the door open. Whoever designed this oven should be sacked! Rant over.
We had a similarsituation with a Stoves oven. The problem is that these days ther are few showrooms where you can actually see a built in oven. We ordered one off a catalogue, the top of their range. We found it cooked unevenly and didn't have a removeable roof lining so "stuff" previously cooked and bits ending up on the roof of the oven, dripped onto whatever you cooked the next time you used it. When I asked Stoves how we were expected to clean around the elements in the roof, they suggested using a toothbrush!
After two year we binned it and bought a Baumatic.

Ask a Question