Best smart appliances for home?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone,
I am learning to build a smart home. According to research, I know that the house is called smart because of the equipment in the house. But I do not know that there are smart devices for home use on the market. So I want to ask everyone to help me with smart devices for my family.
Thanks everyone.

Reaction score
Hi and welcome.

I must confess the only "smart" device I have is a Sony Android TV that I can "talk to." I'm of an age where I believe, the more complicated a device the more likely it will go wrong, personal experience is testimomy to that.

But there may be someone on here who can help you.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi and welcome.

I must confess the only "smart" device I have is a Sony Android TV that I can "talk to." I'm of an age where I believe, the more complicated a device the more likely it will go wrong, personal experience is testimomy to that.

But there may be someone on here who can help you.
Thanks for your suggestion, i will consider it.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Neal - surely the first step is to decide what you actually want your appliances and related controls to do for you, and why, rather than building a "smart home" because you've heard that it's a thing but don't really know what it is?

Like Doghouse I'm rather sceptical - it always seems to me that what smart homes, home automation, etc, provide for the user is nearly always just a bunch of stuff they can tinker with as a hobby, rather than any meaningful, practical benefits. It's a case of "Wow, I can adjust my central heating using my phone from a beach cafe in Goa" without any of the "err... so what?"

Ask a Question