Benjamin Moore now in Wilmslow

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ohhhh, I'm so glad you posted this @Retired!

That's fairly close to me, so I'll be popping in there soon to take a look at their scuff-x paint :). I'm normally a fan of "Little Greene" paints for emulsion, but I'll check our their range too while I'm there.

edit: I hope you don't mind, but I've edited the thread title a little so that people spot this.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

You're welcome Ian; I thought you'd like the news.

Before I started to use Benjamin Moore paint I too liked "Little Green" but their oil based range; I also liked Johnstone's oil based paint but for emulsion I've used Dulux.

I don't mind at all Ian with you tweaking the title of the thread a bit; I wish there was a Benjamin Moore stockist here locally but definitely not in any of the towns. I no longer drive into any town or city preferring to sit back whilst the local councils close all the shops; perhaps one day car drivers will be awarded equal rights to the mobile roadblocks AKA busses.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reactions: Ian
Reaction score
Many years ago I got to tour a paint factory in Florida. It was amazing the goals that this company worked towards. Some that I remember were for the paint to be able to sit with the can open for 12 hours and have it still be viable. The paint also had to be dry to the touch in 30 minutes even in high humidity. Today’s paint is a chemical marvel. When you patch a small hole in the wall you can touch it up and not even find the line between old and new.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks Doug; I agree today's paints are a chemical marvel. The Benjamin Moore paint I now use has colour lock technology so as you rightly say touching in gives an invisible joint even after a few years; I've tried it and it works. :)

I've recently been using the Benjamin Moore paint again and unlike the oil based paints which form a thick skin after time spent in the can the Benjamin Moore paint stirred as though it was new which really has impressed me.

This reminds me to go through all my old paint cans and dispose of those no longer useable; our local tip has facilities for disposing of such material.

Kind regards, Colin.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a heads up to anyone else that may venture there, it's not quite open yet ;). We went down there yesterday to see if we could buy some primer, but the shop was still under construction - it looks a while away from being finished, as the internal fit had barely begun. I had a look at their website and took a look at the location on a map, but didn't notice the "coming soon" at the bottom of the page.

Had a nice coffee and a walk around the area instead :D.

Ask a Question