Beko CG964 Fridge Freezer

Reaction score
Hi All,

Have been recomended this forum as somewhere that could help diagnose a problem I am having with a fridge freezer:

BEKO CG964 (approx 5-6 years old)

We defrosted this machine (turned it off and opened door for approx 12 hours) last week as there was a lot of ice build up. Since then the freezer keeps intermittingly thawing (to the point that ice cream, bread and ice cubes are defrosting).

I have gently :D tapped the temperature setting which is housed on the outside top of the machine and that brings the machine to life (seems to make the freezer colder, i.e. cold air comes out when you open the door) but after I did this last night the thawing problem happened again later on.

The machine was around £200 (probably less back then) and I can get a brand new equivalent for £230 delivered before Xmas if I order this week. Due to this I am looking for cheap quick fixes.

Thanks in advance for any advice !

Reaction score
It seems your temperature sensor has went out and replacing that will charge you a heavy amount. So it is better that you buy a newer one.

Ask a Question