Basment reno

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey ladies and gents I am about to start finishing my basment in the next couple weeks and I have a question before I start... around the hole outside foundation of my basement there is 4x8 sheets of 1/2 inch white styro foam glue to the concrete.. my question do I remove all of it and frame and insulate like usual or do I frame over it the insulate and vapor barrier or stud and vapor barrier and use that as my insalation.
I'm in Ontario Canada and the basement stays warm the way it is

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Country
United States
If it stays warm, I would not recommend to remove all of it. Better to frame over it. And it has been around 3 weeks since you posted you are going to start with your basement renovation. What's the current status as of now ?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I haven't started yet I just picked up the wood last night.. I was waiting to see if things were gonna get shut down again.. Also was trying to figure out my plan as I have changed it a few time to get the most out of my area.. so now the fun begins. Another question I have trying to decide on I have a concrete load bearing in between both sides i would love to remove it but not in the budget right now wondering if you have any idea on covering..

Ask a Question