Renovating basement questions

Reaction score
Country
United States
Good day, can someone explain to myself about renovating a basement?

Recently I had a contractor in a he did some renos on my basement.

The main question I have was when he framed the basement walls, he put the framed walls about 2" from the exterior concrete walls.

Once all was complete it was then insulating with insulation (roxal) followed by a 6mm plastic vapor barrier before drywall was installed.

Should I be concerned about condensation seeping in.... or is this procedure a good practice.

I never had any leaks in my basement beforehand and he also installed a sub-floor which by the way "rocks". Oh yah, I also live up her in Canada (Ottawa). Appreciate any advice/ insight on the topic. Cheers!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Good day, can someone explain to myself about renovating a basement?

Recently I had a contractor in a he did some renos on my basement.

The main question I have was when he framed the basement walls, he put the framed walls about 2" from the exterior concrete walls.

Once all was complete it was then insulating with insulation (roxal) followed by a 6mm plastic vapor barrier before drywall was installed.

Should I be concerned about condensation seeping in.... or is this procedure a good practice.

I never had any leaks in my basement beforehand and he also installed a sub-floor which by the way "rocks". Oh yah, I also live up her in Canada (Ottawa). Appreciate any advice/ insight on the topic Edmonton basement development. Cheers!
thanks in advance for any help

Ask a Question