Are my TV brackets secure??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I am attaching a bracket style tv mount to my new TV (Toshiba 43UL3263DB). The top screws are nice and secure but the bottom screws do not go all the way into the holes, meaning the bracket has wiggle room - is this supposed to happen or is something wrong with the TV? I’ve tried googling but no luck on what is quite a specific question! Hoping someone here can help me.

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Seeing as that the upper screws are still in-use, the weight of the TV will rest into the "bottom screw" location. Better yet, if you have more screws holding it lower yet (you didn't picture far enough down for me to see), all the better.

Either way, I would say it's not a problem. If unsure, take one screw out, go to a hardware store, get the same thread type, however, 3/8" (9.5mm) longer. Don't get screws too much longer than 3/8"...the female threads in the TV chassis are blind holes, that is, the screws can only rotate in so far before they STOP dead. If you force the screws in further, you could damage the rear side of the display = TV dead.

Ask a Question