Appliance Brand?

Reaction score
What is your favorite/best kitchen appliance brands? I need to purchase new appliances for our home and I'm not sure which brand? I've heard Kenmore is good. What about LG or Fridgidaire?

Reaction score
Most of the Name Brand kitchen appliances are fairly good and will do the job. We have LG here. While one can often get a deal by buying several appliances made by the same company, do not be afraid to mix and match. Some companies have a better reputation for refrigerators while others make better dishwashers. Look at each piece individually in terms of the specifics you are looking for. You may need a certain ration of fridge to freezer space for example.

The ability to get an appliance repaired is another consideration. While we hope that our devices will just continue to work forever, our optimistic view is a bit unrealistic. You should avoid appliance brands that are not available locally as they will be more of a challenge to get serviced and to find parts.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Miele appliances are very good (albeit expensive!). We've got a washing machine and tumble dryer from Miele and we've not had a single problem, plus they're relatively quiet.

Reaction score
I would totally agree with Ian. My dishwasher must be at least 25 years old. I've also got a Miele gas hob that's about 20, and although it's now getting to the end of it's life, it still works fine.

Ask a Question