Any ideas for fixing this with plaster?

Discussion in 'Painting and Decorating' started by ToddSmee, May 24, 2017.

  1. ToddSmee


    May 24, 2017
    Likes Received:
    I have this wall (see pictures) that "appears" to have wallpaper on it, yet it's awfully thick, and seems more like some kind of cardboard material with a very thin coat of plaster. House is about 50yrs old. I'm not sure if this was a standard wall covering at one point in the history of bad ideas, that was purchased and applied like wallpaper?

    You can see how the seams started to lift, and bubble, and cracks are forming within other bubbled areas, not at the seams.

    I don't want to drywall the room because I don't want to mess with the base trim at all. Any thoughts? Would a scratch, finish, and water trowel give me a decent finish? Of course I would remove anything I can first, and probably prime the wall before beginning.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Attached Files:

    ToddSmee, May 24, 2017
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.