Adding a New bedroom

Reaction score
Hi,
I am creating a new second floor bedroom on top of a already existing level one room, this new addition will be in brick, but tile hung to stay in keeping with the rest of the property.
My question is i am thinking of adding in a pre cast concrete sill underneath the window to add some charm?
I am just checking as have never seen a property with this, is there a reason as normally under the sill is just some lead folded over?

Help please

Reaction score
If you have to add new bed room in your house then just make it with good interior so you can feel good when you are going to come in your bed room.

Reaction score
Hi,
I am creating a new second floor bedroom on top of a already existing level one room, this new addition will be in brick, but tile hung to stay in keeping with the rest of the property.
My question is i am thinking of adding in a pre cast concrete sill underneath the window to add some charm?
I am just checking as have never seen a property with this, is there a reason as normally under the sill is just some lead folded over?

Help please
Timber dressed in lead would be my opinion. I don't recall ever having seen a concrete cill insert into a slate dressed wall/roof like a mansard roof or similar...bosshogg :)

Ask a Question