Worst thing on forums, my thoughts.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I totaly dislike the forums with like buttons. Can collect lots on many a post and never know why the post was liked.
Also really believe it allows people another lazy option.

Any way I am out of here, wish I had investagated this site before joining.
Take the thumb in the likes and suck on it.

:D Al

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to hear that Al, the like button is just meant as a quick way that someone can say that they appreciated your post. I use it sometimes when I don't have anything to add to the conversation, but enjoyed reading it or found someone had a useful answer. I haven't got a lot of time to join in on the site as much as I'd like, so don't get to post much at the moment - but I read it quite a bit when I can. You've had a lot of "likes" as you post interesting stuff :).

There is a way to disable being notified of likes on the forum if that would help? You fit in well here, so it would be a shame for you to leave over this.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I too am sorry to hear of this; I use the thumb button a lot as a thank you to the member's who take the time and trouble to post on the forum. Unfortunately it's impossible to please everyone. I'd like to read all posts but it would take forever and I feel guilty where members respond to my posts but I don't always respond to their's. We're all different so why not please reconsider after all the thumb button isn't obligatory in any way?

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
I have a lot I would like to say about the original post but don’t feel like wasting my time. @Ian I for one appreciate the job you do on this and your other sites. Like The old saying goes, you can’t please all the people all the time. And then are are other people you can’t please at all.

Reaction score
Country
United States
As for me, the presence of the button "like" reduces the number of unnecessary comments, such as "cool", "I like it", "I think so too", etc. This does't clog the message board

Ask a Question