Wondering?

Reaction score
I just got done putting in a small powder room: sink and toilet. the plumbing/venting was fairly straight forward with the facility located back to back with an existing bath and the drain/soil pipe right underneath. Here's my question, I guess curiosity at this point. The 2" drain from the sink runs over to the toilet drain and meets the downward fitting with a long sweep fitting. I cut and dry fit everything and all was good as I started gluing up the PVC. When I got to the long sweep under the sink, (I put in a cleanout there) the 3feet length or so 2" pipe did not line up with the long sweep under the sink (in the basement ceiling) Wasn't off much, maybe an inch? Rather than forcing it that last inch, I heated it and oh-so-gently gave it a long sweeping curve to make a perfect fit. Is that a usual thing to do or is there some other solution?

Ask a Question