Why are doorbells such a problem?

Reaction score
Why are doorbells such a problem? I have seen so many blogs and forums about the problems with them (electrical and wireless) There seem to be so many problems for a device with so few components: button, wires, transformer, chime, and electricity. (outside of problems such as old wiring, or maybe mice chewing wires???).
It would seem to me if no one has messed with the electricity or circuits, and you replace the doorbell button, transformer and wires the bell should work. But it seems as though folks still have problems. Can some explain in basic laymens terms how a door bell should work? Thanks

Reaction score
HI, I think you could contact the supplier and get the help from their after-sale service. or you can google and find what you want. May this could help U!

Reaction score
Its because there are so many factors, like you said that can affect it

Reaction score
Get a good old fashioned knocker, door bells are to unreliable or maybe just obtain a doorman?

Reaction score
haha at my previous place we had a wireless doorbell, and the neighbour had wireless one as well, my doorbell was ringing random with no reason in different times during day and night, and after few weeks I found out we have doorbells on same freq. channel so the the button was executing both of them:) there was even big fence and garden between houses:)

Reaction score
i have the same problem with my wireless doorbell, a neighbour must have one with the same frequency but the sound must change as every so often my door bell rings but with a different sound to what happens when my doorbell is pressed lol only way to fix it is to get a new one i guess :s

Ask a Question