Whirlpool Dishwasher Leak

Reaction score
Country
United States
Whirlpool Gold Series Dishwasher with stainless steel tub.
Model: WDF760SADM0

The unit is leaking (slowly) as soon as the fill cycle begins from the bottom and behind the motor. I can't really see exactly from where but it's pretty far back underneath. The unit is 3-4 years old.

I called a local repair person and they said the entire motor was bad and would need to be replaced and quoted me $500 for parts and service. This was his diagnosis just by me describing the issue over the phone. He also suggested to go buy a new one. I work 6 days a week so it's hard to get someone to come by on a Sunday to look at it. Any help/advice is appreciated.

Reaction score
Whirlpool Gold Series Dishwasher with stainless steel tub.
Model: WDF760SADM0

The unit is leaking (slowly) as soon as the fill cycle begins from the bottom and behind the motor. I can't really see exactly from where but it's pretty far back underneath. The unit is 3-4 years old.

I called a local repair person and they said the entire motor was bad and would need to be replaced and quoted me $500 for parts and service. This was his diagnosis just by me describing the issue over the phone. He also suggested to go buy a new one. I work 6 days a week so it's hard to get someone to come by on a Sunday to look at it. Any help/advice is appreciated.

This leak can be because of any number of things. Unless this guy has dealt with machines with exactly the same symptoms, to assume it's the motor and wants to charge $500, means he doesn't want to bother unless you are really going to make it worth his while.
hinking about it, $500 seems a lot. But if he will have to travel some distance and you want him to work on a Sunday, it will be expensive.

If you're thinking of repairing it yourself, I'd get it outside and put it up on something where you can see underneath. Then put some water in it and then run it and see where the water is coming from. It could be just a leaky hose connection.

The seal between the motor and the pump may have failed, which would cause a leak, in which case if you aren't confident about tackling it yourself, then I'd buy a new one. It's got to be cheaper than $500.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I had the same problem that year. Bosch Dishwasher 10 years. Water leaked after rinsing. As I understand , the master pulled up some kind of pump, everything cost $ 400. True, now it started to leak again, but not after every wash. I think I’ll probably buy a new one.

Ask a Question