What can I expect to pay now days for a new roof?

Discussion in 'Roofing and Guttering' started by DIYdon, May 10, 2017.

1. DIYdon

DIYdon

What can I expect to pay now days for a new roof?
    It's about 1800 square feet.
    The slope is no more than 25 degrees or rise / run = about 0.46630765815499859283000619479956.
    I think I need a complete roof replacement - well I think the rafters are good - seemed fine when I crawled around the attic laying another layer of insulation several years ago. I think I need new board, then probably just cheap shingles. Then every few years I could probably add that elastomeric or whatever it is coating that reflects sunlight.
    Or maybe a metal roof would be cheaper than shingles and coating every few years.

So please, please reply with some serious and honest replies and estimates.

Thanks.

DIYdon

DIYdon, May 10, 2017
    1. Advertisements

2. DIYdon

Irv

No idea about price: I had some Mexican friends replace my shingle roof with metal. It's been there nearly 20 years without problems, except for when a large tree limb fell and dented a panel. Two of us replaced the dented panel ourselves by noon the next day. Try that with a shingle roof!

So, for long life without periodic coating and easy, quick repair - I'd go with the metal.

Irv, Jun 14, 2017
    1. Advertisements

3. DIYdon

Dozer79

Where are you based DIYdon?

Dozer79, Sep 6, 2017
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question