Wallpapering over woodchip wallpaper

Reaction score
Hiya,

Had some damp proofing work done on 2 walls in front bedroom and back bedroom 1 wall and all walls replastered

My other walls in both bedrooms and stairwell have splendid woodchip wallpaper on it. It all looked neat and tidy before the damp proofing work and now it looks like a dogs dinner.

Can the woodchip wallpaper be papered over.I have no time and no space to start steaming it back myself as I am so busy at work etc. And if so what type of wallpaper would be suitable.I have advise not to steam it back and to do old fashioned scraping to get it off. I have no time and Im on a budget.

I did think of making the replastered walls a main feature and painting them a different colour but it would not look right.

Reaction score
Hi, Sorry, short answer - No. There's not really any short cuts. Decorating work demands a lot of work preparing surfaces. The old woodchip needs to come off before you apply anything else. If you want a decent result, you cannot rush it.
What is wrong with using a steam stripper ?

Ask a Question