Wall tiling info

Reaction score
Have had new kitchen fitted recently. Old tiles were removed and fitter asked to replaster parts of walls to make good. Unfortunately, due to old house and uneven walls, there were some gaps left between worktops and walls. Complained to company and upstand fitted however there are still two gaps left therefore we need to tile again. Can the gaps be filled by tile adhesive or similar? I would be really grateful for some advice.

Reaction score
If you're using a standard wall "adhesive" then I'd usually say no. Fill it in with a patching compound to give it firm base. You'll be much happier on the long run, especially if there's any weight bearing involved at all. If' you're using a mortar style adhesive then you can use that material to fill in and build up small areas, valleys, etc. I've done that often because it dries faster but the material may be more expensive. Good luck.

Reaction score
question i would be asking is why wasnt the worktop scribed to suit the wall in the first place.....if the wall has been patched up once already and there are still gaps, they must have been some pretty obvious looking irregularities there to start with.

Ask a Question