vaillant promax combi noise's

Reaction score
HI to anyone that can give me any info to what could be wrong with my boiler. i've recently had the system drained for a new radiator fitted and to have a new o ring kit on a pipe leading into the heat exchange, since this i've been getting a strange whirling/ vibration though the boiler when the hot tap is running the noise does get quite load. if i turn down the water temp on the boiler to about half way the noise stops. i was told i was the pump but after the pumps been fitted the problem is still there.. can anyone help on this matter.. Thanks....

Reaction score
re,boiler noise,

how long has boiler been making noise,and when did you have it installed, reason why im, asking is if it is only on hot water that noise starts,especally at high temp- your heat exchanger for hot water could need flushing out,which would mean removing it from boiler to do this, i must have done about 10 flushes since march,all had same symptons, hope this helps, regards flexiplumber,

Reaction score
HI thanks for your reply, i've ad someone out and they told me it needed a chemical putting in due to scale build up in the primary heat exchance.. Since chemical as been put in the noise as almost gone, Bloke come back tomoz to flush out and put some protecter in to stop if scaling up again.. :D

Ask a Question