Using 2 part epoxy

Reaction score
I need to glue something with 2 part epoxy but all I can find is very quick setting stuff. Can you not get 24 hour setting glue days? I would like a reasonable working time. I don't care how long it takes to set.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Glues/paints that use a hardener (catalyst) are often superior to those that simply air dry. You likely won't find an "air dry" glue that exceeds that bonding capacity to that which uses a two-part catalyzing process.

Reaction score
You can get Acra-Glas from Brownells. The colder it is used, the longer it takes to set.

Reaction score
I need to glue something with 2 part epoxy but all I can find is very quick setting stuff. Can you not get 24 hour setting glue days? I would like a reasonable working time. I don't care how long it takes to set.
I always use Araldite Rapid which sets in 30 mins .The normal Araldite in 24 hours.
The last tubes I bought were at a Nickle and Dime shop in Dundee.

Reaction score
FWIW, whenever I use two part paints, glues, whatever, when I think it is mixed, I always go another 30-45 seconds.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have always used 'Araldite Standard 2 Part Epoxy' It is available for all types of materials, wood, metal, ceramics, etc. With all adhesives, it is important to always follow the minimum curing time. I never use the '5 minute setting time' epoxy, I have never been too impressed final result.

Ask a Question