Treadmill keeps stopping and stuttering!

Reaction score
Hi
I have an Olympus Active Runner Treadmill for over 3- 4 years.
It was working very well.Last week I noticed that the walking belt had a bit which was frayed and soon it just stopped.
I read up a bit online and trimmed the frayed end.I also loosened the belt and cleaned the area.I got some treadmill lubricant and lubricated it.I then corrected the alignment a touch.
Since then it has started working again but it often stutters suddenly.It invariably stopsnafter it's been on for about 30 minutes or shorter if the speed is higher or I am walking on it. Once it has stopped it sometimes doesn't even turn for sometime even with an hour's break.It works again the next day but with the same problem.
Not too keen on getting a repairmen and having some additional costs now specially if it is something I can do.

Can some one help me out with what the problem could be and if there is something I can repair myself?
Thanks.Megan

Ask a Question