Toilet flexi waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am working on the bathroom at the moment and the toilet and sink are causing problems. I bought a mc Alpine flexi waste pipe but cannot figure out how the pipe connects to the existing waste. It looks like it is the wrong size. Does it go inside the waste pipe. I checked this but it looks too wide
Cheers
Dave

Attachments

Reaction score
I actually fitted one of these nearly 20 years ago. It fits inside the toilet and the 4" pipe. Should be a five minute job.

I know I wrapped a lot of duct tape around the join between the 4" pipe and the flexipipe as sort of "belt and braces," but as it's hidden inside a cabinet that contains the cistern, it isn't visible.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Thanks for the reply. I had a look yesterday and it looks a tight fit. Do you think the inside of the pipe needs cleaning? If so I am not looking forwards to this. I see what you mean about the belt and braces a leak here would not be pleasant. I also have a mare of a vanity unit with sink top. There is no room for the plumbing as there are pull out drawers I made a first attempt late yesterday but it is leaking
Cheers
Dave

Reaction score
Hi
Thanks for the reply. I had a look yesterday and it looks a tight fit. Do you think the inside of the pipe needs cleaning? If so I am not looking forwards to this. I see what you mean about the belt and braces a leak here would not be pleasant. I also have a mare of a vanity unit with sink top. There is no room for the plumbing as there are pull out drawers I made a first attempt late yesterday but it is leaking
Cheers
Dave
Surely you can part dismantle it?

This is ours today, I fitted the best part of 20 years ago. Fortunately it was near as dammit the right width. I just had to put a couple of fillets down each side and buy a counter top. This just lifts off and you can detach the two panels to get at it. They just clip on.

P1030434.JPG

I'd definitely clean it. Invest in a pair of rubber gloves and a cheap washing up bowl. Do the job and put the lot in the bin.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Thanks for all your help. I have fitted the pipe and it went in fine as you said. I have posted another thread now as I have a leak at the toilet end-the saga continues!

Ask a Question