stopping drains from smelling

Reaction score
does anyone know how I can stop the drain in my garden smelling? there is an intermittent smell that comes up even though there is no blockage. i have been told there may be some kind of cover I can put in underneath the manhole cover (made out of polystyrene???) that could stop the smell. Any suggestions anyone? Cheers, Paul

Reaction score
Hi Coachie...my mother always used to use baking soda and vinegar and apparently this worked like a treat! Never had the chance to try it myself, but might be worth a go...

Reaction score
Smelly Drain

Check that your Soil Vent Pipe is not blocked with Bird Debris or such, that`s the Pipe that runs up the House to ventilate the Drains. You could also fit a Sealed Cover, ( Available from a Buiders Merchants )quite an easy job for a handyman.

handydanny

Reaction score
just check out the pipes, if they are clogged or leaking into soil...
you can use some chemical or solutions (easily available in market).
I am sure this gonna help you.

Reaction score
Do a search for Drain Rods online or on our website. You can use them to push/clean any sediment that may have accumulated at the bottom of the drain/pipe.

Ask a Question