"sticky" kitchen worktop

Reaction score
Hi there and I hope that someone can point me in the right direction.

I have some nice kitchen worktop (chipboard covered standard type) that is a few years old. In one or two places it seems to have lost its seal or outer protection as it is in places almost sticky where the oter coating has gone. Possibly from years of cleaning and possibly use of bleach etc?

My question is to enquire if there is a way to either re-seal the kitchek worktop or a way to coat and seal so that it can continue for some years to come.

Any help would be appreciated.
Kindest regards.

Paul

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I would say that it has been there for over six months since I first noticed it.

Any thoughts or help would be much appreciated!

Reaction score
If it's a laminate work top use masking tape along the cutting line so you don't chip the surface. Now use a skil saw to cut as far as you can go with it. Cut the rest with a hand saw.
Thanks for the reply but not sure how cutting the worktop will cure the "sticky" top of the worktop where it has lost its smooth properties?

Ask a Question