Shed help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have just put some shelves up (quite heavy ones) and it is on a wall in my shed with feather edge boarding, this means the little right angle shelving things don't sit well and are on the edge of the wood and are at risk of cracking it, what is a better way to put up shelving on feather edge boards, pictures would be very helpful
Thanks

Reaction score
Hi and welcome.

Are you saying your shed is made from horizontal featherboarding?

I've always favoured this sort of shelving. It means that if the bar is long enough you can have four or more fixings to whatever's behind it, which is less strain. It also means you can move the shelves about. It's possible to attach the bars with bolts that go through the wall of the shed and with a big washer in front of the nut on the outside, it'll be more secure.

s-l1600.png

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There must surely be some kind of frame that the F/E boards are fixed to?

You could put Spur uprights on those.

BUT - depending on the quality of the shed they may not be strong enough to take the extra load. A freestanding shelving system might make a lot more sense, so the floor takes the load, and you just secure it to the uprights to stop it toppling. You could make itall out of Dexion slotted angle if you can get some on eBay - it's a frightful price new.

Ask a Question